|Packaging||70 x 375 x 250 mm|
In 1905, the Compagnie Française des Automobiles de Place, which took the name of G7, launched a call for tenders for a fleet of “automobile coaches” with a view to replacing the 20,000 horse-drawn vehicles circulating in Paris. RENAULT wins the market with the Type AG equipped with an 8 hp twin-cylinder engine. Presented to the „École des mines“ (college of engineers) on September 26, 1905, the vehicle was ordered from this first year in 250 copies. Deliveries begin immediately, and the G7 places a new order for 1000 „taxis“ in 1906, then 1500 in 1908. The AG-1 type offered by HELLER appeared in 1907.