Management at Citroën believed that the standard of living of the French and of Europeans was on the rise. The 2 C.V. had just been successfully launched on the market and a successor had to be found for the 15 and 11 C.V. The VGD project (Large Series Car), the first designs of which dated back to 1945, began to take shape. André LEFEBVRE who is appointed manager of the project decides the car should be innovative throughout. The body was the art of Flaminio Bertoni and the suspension that of Paul Magès. As for the engine, Paul Bercot updated the design of the old 1911 cc D engine. At the end of 1954, the project is completed. In October 1955, the car made its debut at the 42nd Paris Motor Show. Most surprising about the car were its lines. The design was totally new. France was divided into two groups: those who liked it and those who didn't. But the bodywork was not the only novel feature. Hydropneumatic suspension brought unrivaled confort with four wheel independent suspension. Plastic became an important element in the body work, the roof panel and rear window as well as the light alloys for the bonnet making use of plastic. There were also other new features: a single spoke steering wheel, tapered turn signals and doors without window frames.
|Nombre de pieces||314|
|Contenu||- 2 maquettes|